Sunday, April 6, 2008

Party Countdown!

So Miss Emma turns 5 on Wednesday. Five years old! How is that possible?

(Okay...deep breath...I'll save the moaning and wailing post about my baby growing up for Wednesday).

To honour the occasion, we're having a "Pink Castle Party" next Sunday. I've kind of gotten myself into trouble with the birthday party 'theme' thing. Two years ago Emma had a "butterfly garden" party. Last year was a Pirate party extravaganza. Molly has had parties with a Ladybug theme, teddy bear theme, and this year was (by her decision) a "Purple Spider Party".

Sadly, I've been procrastinating with the preparations this year. In my own defense, I've had a lot on my plate, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I'm definitely on the upswing, but I still have a way to go. And hell, let's face it, even at the best of times, I struggle with procrastination.

So I have a busy week ahead of me....decorations to make...a cake to plan...treat bags to assemble....ugh. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. But a good kind of exhausted, the kind that comes from throwing myself into something, body and soul, that I absolutely love doing. Throwing big parties like these for my kids are my way of working out my artistic urges. I get to geek out making invitations, decorations, and a fabulous cake, coming up with party games and activities and making food.

Yeah, I'll be exhausted, but a big part of me is looking forward to it. And don't worry - I'll be sure to post pictures. :)

No comments: