Monday, April 7, 2008

I'm smiling

I went out for a run this morning. It's "long run" day, but I only ended up with a mediocre one - 11-k - I sacrificed sleep for some quality time with my hubby last night ;) and so I'm a little sluggish this morning as a result. Hey, it's all about priorities, though, right? Time with hubby comes before an extra 5-k on my morning run.

This morning I am smiling, drinking in the sunshine and relishing being alive. I am keenly aware today that there are no guarantees in this life, and so I need to make sure that I enjoy the happy moments while I'm in the middle of them (as I write this, Chris is wrestling with and tickling the girls behind me. Their squeals of delight are almost deafening).

You know what? I think I'm going to hit 'post' and go join them. :)

No comments: